How to reduce Outlook Mailbox Size by Removing Calender Entries ?
Calendar entries can significantly impact on your Outlook Mailbox size, especially when these entries contain attachments. The following steps detail how to remove old or large calendar entries.
Locating Large Calendar Entries
Step I - Ensure the Outlook calendar is displayed.
Step II - Select View > Arrange By > Current View > By Category.
Step III - If available, right click the Size heading.
If the Size column is not displayed you need to:
(a) Right click a Column heading, then select Field Chooser.
(b) Select the down arrow at the top right of the box, then click All Appointment Fields.
(c) Scroll to the end of the list. Drag the Size field onto the Calenders’ heading area.
(d)Right click the Size heading
Step IV - Select Sort Descending.
The entries display with the largest entries first.
Step V - Delete any past, unwanted entries.
Locating Old Calendar Entries
Step I - Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
Step II - Right click the Start column heading.
Step III - Select Sort Ascending
The entries now display with the oldest entries first.
Step IV - Delete any unwanted entries.
Note: These entries must be removed from the deleted items folder in order to reduce the mailbox size.
- 21/10/2010 03:36 - How to save an Email as a task ?
- 17/06/2010 01:41 - How to resize row and column font for Outlook 2003 ?
- 12/05/2010 03:50 - How to recover shift deleted email from outlook
- 23/03/2010 03:00 - How to backup Outlook Shortcut ?
- 30/11/2009 23:42 - What is Outlook Rules ?
- 30/11/2009 02:34 - What is Outlook Contacts ?
- 25/11/2009 00:08 - Outlook Calendar and Scheduling, What is it ?